As you may know by now, I am a proud ginger. Sure, the frying to a crisp within five minutes of direct sunlight part isn’t so hot, but otherwise, possessing fiery hued hair is quite glorious.
This week’s Fab Five Friday is dedicated to all the gingers out there. Enjoy!
1) Anne Shirley. I’m fairly certain Anne Shirley is one of my favorite literary characters EVER. Even though she despaired over her undeniably red hair, I am convinced that it is what ignited her fiery personality, daring dreams, and passionate emotions.
2) Clary Fray. In Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series, Clary is the star. Watching a guy get murdered, being able to suddenly see demons, and then dealing with the disappearance of her mother are only a handful of circumstances this ginger must face.
3) Pippi Longstocking. This zany little girl created all sorts of adventures for herself and her neighbors. I remember reading and loving the story as a kid! Perhaps because I could relate with her goofiness.
4) Ygritte. If y’all haven’t at least STARTED reading/watching George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones series, you should! Granted, I’m being a bit of a hypocrite since I’m stuck on book three and stopped watching the show after the third season. But anywho. Ygritte. I LOVE her sassy, fierce personality and her love affair with Jon Snow? Ummmm, STEAMY!
5) Madeline. Y’all already know how much I LOVE this character, but I just had to include her again. She may have been the smallest one, but she was mighty! With such a big, fearless personality, she stands out for more reasons than just her hair.
*Images of covers obtained from Goodreads. Image of Ygritte from Game of Thrones Wiki. Links are to Amazon.*
**I do not get paid by authors or publishers for my reviews. They are 100% my personal, honest opnion! I DO, however, receive a small commission if a book purchase is made using the provided link. This does not impact the authenticity of my review in any way.**